Sunday, April 11, 2010

Crayola Bold Markers

It has been a very long and eventful unpredicted week and weekend. I feel a little like this blog and I are starting off on the wrong foot. I am so sorry blog, I hope you'll forgive me. As soon as I get caught up on my projects & assignments I think that we will be the best of friends!

The weather in Minnesota has been just lovely this last week and is suppose to do nothing but continue! Today I even wore my first dress sans cardigan and tights! Which is why looking at these photos makes me feel lingering sad feelings. They were taken a few weeks ago when it was still rather grey out all of the time. But I love how much this outfit makes me stand out against the dead background and brown tones. I truly felt like a pack of crayola bold colored markers all day long, and loved (almost) every minute of it!





Cardigan: Target
Tank Tops: Old Navy & Target
Skirt & Headband: Forever 21
Tights: UO
Shoes: Naturalizer
Photos: courtesy of Ryan Brink





Both the skirt and tights are two rather new purchases from a Mall of America excursion not too long ago. That place is so much fun, but rather intimidating. Which exactly how I feel about these two articles of clothing. They are both so bold and interesting that they match eachother in all of right but wrong ways! I can't wait to pair them each with different things and see the out come.

Now it's time for me to return to my paper on the Charles Bukowski poem "Mama". If you've never read his poetry before I highly recommend it. He was the most wonderfully gritty & grimmy drunk ever:

here I am
in the ground
my mouth
open
and
I can't even say
mama,
and
the dogs run by and stop and piss
on my stone; I get it all
except the sun
and my suit is looking
bad
and yesterday
the last of my left
arm gone
very little left, all harp-like
without music.

at least a drunk
in bed with a cigarette
might cause 5 fire
engines and
33 men.

I can't
do
any
thing.

but p.s. -- Hector Richmond in the next
tomb thinks only of Mozart and candy
caterpillars.
he is
very bad
company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home