Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where The Walls Surround Us

Does any one else ever feel confined by the indoors? Not just necessarily being indoors, but by the thought of walls in general?! I've been feeling this way lately. While I am naturally kind of an outdoors girl, I don't mind being inside at all as long as I'm in a comfortable environment. But recently I can't help but feel surrounded and under pressure by certain walls, both physically and the mental ones that we has humans build up.

This weekend I took a mini vacation home to Minneapolis, and it always shocks me how much I miss the city and all of the people that live in it. I think that's the thing about cities; despite the rather high population densities I just feel like there's so much more space for people to be themselves. On my homeward travels via train, I got the chance to just take time to relax and watch the land pass by. It got me thinking about all of the wonderful opportunities that land brings with it. The possibilities are just endless!


Vest: Thrifted & Handmade
Shirt: Target
Jeans: Holister
Shoes: Thrufted



Speaking of confining walls, I've also decided that being outdoors for photoshoots is much more suiting for me, I guess it's just a little more... comfortable. But after a few shoots outdoors Ryan, Aubree (isn't she adorable, see above!), and I decided to shake things up and venture to the basement of our art building on campus. Let's just say I think these were the first and only sets in that room.

Blouse, Belt, Purse, and Shoes: Thrifted
Pants: Kohl's



Anyways, I hope that everyone enjoyed this truly beautiful day!

1 Comments:

At August 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Sarah said...

Ok I'm in love with the second outfit. That shirt is divine!

http://wearingitonmysleeves.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home